Host / Hostess at Artistry on the Green
Tuesday - Saturday
12pm - 8pm
We are looking for a host/hostess to join our Restaurant Team. The restaurant greeter/host person is the first employee to interact with arriving guests as they enter the restaurant. It is the job of the greeter/host to greet arriving guests, welcome them into the establishment and seat them. The guests receive their first impression of the service of the restaurant by their exchange with the greeter/host.
- Represent the restaurant positively. Provide overall hospitality to guests and give a fantastic first impression
- Greet customers as they enter the restaurant.
- Inquire about the size of the party and determine if space is available to accommodate customers.
- Maintain a waiting list
- Work with waiters to assign tables to customers as they become available
- Manage the flow in the restaurant
- Estimate and communicate the wait time to customers and make customers feel comfortable while they wait.
- Escort customers to table when it is ready and provide menus.
- Answer the phone and record callers’ reservations.
- Maintain a list of phone and online reservations.
- Direct customers to restrooms or coatrooms, if necessary
- Answer questions about the menu and the inn, if necessary
High school diploma or GED preferred
Prior experience working in a polished casual/fine dining establishment.
Personable and friendly demeanor. Ability to keep calm under pressure and when dealing with unhappy or impatient customers.
Ability to remember names and faces of guests and provide personalized service.
Familiarity with OpenTable, preferred
Ability to read and write English fluently.
Fluency in other languages a plus.
Ability to follow both verbal and written instructions.
Basic assessment and math skills to estimate wait times for guests.
Join our exciting team at an Award-Winning Restaurant and Inn.
Boston Magazine's Best of Boston 2016 - Best Restaurant, West of Boston
2016 Travel + Leisure World's Best Winner - #7 in Top Resorts in the Northeast and #62 in Top 100 Hotels of the World.
The Inn at Hastings Park is seeking a daytime Server for our restaurant, Artistry on the Green. We are looking for dynamic, energetic people who understand and appreciate the art of the hospitality.
Candidates must have exceptional customer service, and previous experience in fine dining.
If you are a motivated, service-oriented team player we want to hear from you.
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Housekeeper (Full or Part Time)
Full and Part time openings
Must be able to work Saturdays and Sundays
The Housekeeper maintains a clean, sanitary, comfortable and tidy environment in guest rooms and throughout the inn.
Mop and polish floors. Vacuum carpets, rugs, and draperies. Shampoo carpets and upholstery, when necessary.
Dust and polish furniture and fittings. Clean metal fixtures and fittings.
Empty and clean trash and recycling containers. Dispose of trash in a sanitary manner.
Clean bathrooms, including washbasins, mirrors, tubs and showers.
Inspect and turn mattresses regularly. Make up beds and change linens as required.
Wash windows as scheduled.
Maintain all cleaning equipment and materials in a safe and sanitary working condition.
Clean corridors, lobbies, stairways, elevators and lounges as well as guest rooms.
Follow work schedule from the room status list or arrivals and departures.
Restock room supplies such as drinking glasses, toiletries, writing supplies, and minibars.
Replace dirty linens with clean items, when necessary.
Check that all appliances in rooms are in working order
Realign furniture and amenities according to prescribed layout
Respond to calls for housekeeping problems such as spills, broken glasses
Organize and restock cart at the end of the shift
Ensure confidentiality and security of guest rooms
Follow all company safety and security procedures
Monitor and report any necessary maintenance or safety issues. Observe and report damage of inn property
High school diploma or equivalent preferred
Knowledge of cleaning and sanitation products, techniques and methods
Knowledge of cleaning sensitive materials
Working knowledge of operating cleaning equipment
Physical stamina and mobility including ability to reach, kneel and bend
Ability to lift, push and pull required load (usually about 30 to 40 pounds)
Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 9 hours)
Ability to work efficiently with great attention to detail
Reliable and honest
Must be able to communicate clearly with managers and other inn employees and guests
Must be proficient in English
Bartender - Flexible hours, varied shifts
2 years bartending experience preferred. Fine Dining experience a plus.
Artistry on the Green is looking to add a Line Cook to their exciting kitchen team. Recently awarded Boston Magazine’s Best of Boston 2016 – Best Restaurant West of Boston, we seek candidates with a genuine love of food & hospitality.
This position will be a vital member to the Kitchen staff to help prepare, cook, and assist the Sous Chef and the Executive Chef in preparing high quality food for our fine dining restaurant. The ideal line cook is motivated, results oriented and committed to providing outstanding customer service every day.
- Deliver exceptional customer service by preparing food items consistently and adhering to all recipe standards
- Maintain a safe working environment by using proper food handling skills and food safety guidelines
- Complete kitchen tasks such as line setup, food preparation, cleanup and breakdown
Candidates must possess strong technique, the willingness to learn, and the desire to grow. Minimum of 1-2 years experience. This is a great opportunity to work with great product and a great team. If you are an enthusiastic individual with a passion for food & the industry, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Guest Service Agent - Full Time
• Greet guests and patrons as they arrive
• Ask if guests have a prior booking
• Manage the registration process
• Ask for identification and ensure that the provided credentials are accurate
• Handle guest check-ins and check-outs appropriately
• Operate hotel switchboard, take calls and provide information and transfer calls
• Manage accurate accounting of all rooms
• Provide guests with room keys.
• Take reservations over the telephone, through emails and in person
• Answer queries regarding the hotel’s services, charges, dining facilities, sports facilities and travel directions
• Compute bills and take payments
• Provide guests with directions around the hotel
• Contact housekeeping and maintenance departments when a problem is reported
• Explain appropriate use of keys and ensure that guests are satisfied with the rooms allotted to them
• Balance cash at the end of the shift and generate accounting reports for the benefit of the next shift
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Candidate must be fluent in English, both verbal and written.
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Previous customer experience and ability to work effectively under pressure
- Service Passion
- Requires attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Successful candidates must possess legal work authorization in the United States.
Houseperson (Full or Part Time)