Guest Service Agent - Full Time
• Greet guests and patrons as they arrive
• Ask if guests have a prior booking
• Manage the registration process
• Ask for identification and ensure that the provided credentials are accurate
• Handle guest check-ins and check-outs appropriately
• Operate hotel switchboard, take calls and provide information and transfer calls
• Manage accurate accounting of all rooms
• Provide guests with room keys.
• Take reservations over the telephone, through emails and in person
• Answer queries regarding the hotel’s services, charges, dining facilities, sports facilities and travel directions
• Compute bills and take payments
• Provide guests with directions around the hotel
• Contact housekeeping and maintenance departments when a problem is reported
• Explain appropriate use of keys and ensure that guests are satisfied with the rooms allotted to them
• Balance cash at the end of the shift and generate accounting reports for the benefit of the next shift
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Candidate must be fluent in English, both verbal and written.
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Previous customer experience and ability to work effectively under pressure
- Service Passion
- Requires attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Successful candidates must possess legal work authorization in the United States.
Line Cook - Full time
Artistry on the Green is looking to add a Line Cook to their exciting kitchen team. Recently awarded Boston Magazine’s Best of Boston 2016 – Best Restaurant West of Boston, we seek candidates with a genuine love of food & hospitality.
This position will be a vital member to the Kitchen staff to help prepare, cook, and assist the Sous Chef and the Executive Chef in preparing high quality food for our fine dining restaurant. The ideal line cook is motivated, results oriented and committed to providing outstanding customer service every day.
- Deliver exceptional customer service by preparing food items consistently and adhering to all recipe standards
- Maintain a safe working environment by using proper food handling skills and food safety guidelines
- Complete kitchen tasks such as line setup, food preparation, cleanup and breakdown
Candidates must possess strong technique, the willingness to learn, and the desire to grow. Minimum of 1-2 years experience. This is a great opportunity to work with great product and a great team. If you are an enthusiastic individual with a passion for food & the industry, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
DAYTIME SERVER (M-F)
Join our exciting team at an Award-Winning Restaurant and Inn.
Boston Magazine's Best of Boston 2016 - Best Restaurant, West of Boston
2016 Travel + Leisure World's Best Winner - #7 in Top Resorts in the Northeast and #62 in Top 100 Hotels of the World.
The Inn at Hastings Park is seeking a daytime Server for our restaurant, Artistry on the Green. We are looking for dynamic, energetic people who understand and appreciate the art of the hospitality.
Candidates must have exceptional customer service, and previous experience in fine dining a plus. Experience preferred.
If you are a motivated, service-oriented team player we want to hear from you.
Email your resume to email@example.com
Assistant Restaurant Manager
Housekeeper (Full or Part Time)
Houseperson (Full or Part Time)
Restaurant General Manager
The Inn at Hastings Park in Lexington is seeking a full time Restaurant General Manager for our restaurant, Artistry on the Green.
Senior operational level management position with directed oversight of dining operations
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Work directly with Inn Ownership and Chef to ensure best in class food service
- Operation of all three meal periods of dining service, plus Afternoon Tea and In Room Dining
- Hands on development and training of all service employees and positions-specific areas to include: Guest Service, Table Service, Food and Beverage Knowledge, Etiquette, Professional and Personal Presentation
- Daily reconciliation and balance of all dining revenue as directed by Company policies.
- Development and oversight of all dining room supervisory positions
- Hiring, coaching and counseling of all staff within the department
- Set and maintain the standard for positive communications between all departments
- Monthly standard testing for all line level employees
- Weekly scheduling for all front of house operations within the department
- Daily monitoring of staffing levels to insure proper service standards and adherence to labor costs
- Daily reconciliation of actual revenues and payroll to budget and forecast
- Daily reviewing and coding of invoices
- Yearly budget planning, evaluation and reforecast.
- Ensure the cleanliness of all Food and Beverage Dining Areas
- Oversight of Purchasing and Inventory of all wines and management and printing of wine list
- Expert knowledge and programming of POS
- Expert knowledge of OpenTable and ability to maximize functionality to increase guest counts while improving service standards.
Supervises approximately 30 employees in the Dining Room. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of all meal service. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Design - Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills - Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills - Maintains confidentiality.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings.
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Visionary Leadership -Displays passion and optimism; Inspires respect and trust.
- Delegation -Delegates work assignments; Gives authority to work independently.
- Leadership -Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well.
- Managing People -Makes self available to staff; Continually works to improve supervisory skills.
- Quality Management -Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Ethics -Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically.
- Organizational Support -Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values.
- Judgment -Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions.
- Professionalism -Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality -Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability -Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality -Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability -Takes responsibility for own actions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or four to six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, percent and interpret bar graphs. Comprehension of Profit and Loss statements.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to walk. The employee is frequently required to stand. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org